Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Mom always made tartar sauce this way. I like it much better than the bottled kind. I've tried plenty of fancy recipes, but I always come back to this one. Sometimes the most simple recipes are the best.
- 236.59 ml Miracle Whip (I prefer Miracle Whip) or 236.59 ml mayonnaise (I prefer Miracle Whip)
- 14.79 ml dill pickle relish
- 14.79 ml sweet pickle relish
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Serve with fish.
- You can use all sweet or all dill relish.
- I prefer a mix of the two.
Good tartar sauce. I added just a squeeze of lemon juice and loved it. Thanks Not-2-Sweet for a nice side. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
5 stars for a simple recipe! It was a quick fix and went well w/ the fish sticks for dinner. Thanks for posting!
My mom made our tartar sauce like this too and we enjoyed it every time! Have never tried it with mayonnaise yet, I think the Miracle Whip is needed for the sweeter flavor. Another plus is I always have these ingredients on hand. Thank you Bethany Taylor for sharing. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.