I have made umpteen lemon pies in my past and many of them from scratch. However, I always go back to this one which starts with a lemon pie filling mix. The added lemon juice gives a very fresh flavor. Hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon pudding mix (Jello brand)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell, cooled
- use the cook and serve mix not instant pudding mix
- 1Combine pie filling mix, sugar and 1/4 cup of the water.
- 2Blend in egg yolks and remaining water.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Blend in lemon juice and butter.
- 6Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- 7Pour in pie shell.
- 8For meringue, beat egg whites until foamy.
- 9Gradually beat in 6 tablespoons sugar and beat until mixture forms stiff shiny peaks.
- 10Spread meringue over pie filling being sure to seal to the edge of pie crust and bake at 425 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is browned.
- 11Cool a few hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just the Best and Easiest Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.5 mg
- Sodium 413.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 35.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g