Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is one of my favorite meals when the weather gets cooler. It is hard to mess this up. This is one of the very few dishes I could cook when I got married.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 3 large baking potatoes, diced
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cancut okra
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables (Veg All)
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- Place meat, onions, potatoes, and carrots into a Dutch oven, cover with water and boil for twenty minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add canned vegetables.
- You probably will not need the entire can of tomato juice.
- Simmer on stove for thirty minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with hot corn bread.
Even though this recipe didn't include any herbs and spices, we found it exceptionally tasty. We omitted the okra and instead of stew meat we used a meat substitute (since we are vegetarians). We used V-8 for the tomato juice. This recipe is very good for you. Thanks Elizabeth.
Very, very tasty! I added frozen vegetables and I found that I didn't need to use the tomato juice as there was plenty of liquid from the meat and potatoes. Very easy to make. We had this with crusty french bread, beautiful, this is going to be made again and again! Thanks for posting Elizabeth.