Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe comes from my Mom. She's not one to cook but she can make a mean stuffing. She hates stuffing that is too wet or too dry so this one is right down the middle. Its pretty easy to make. Everyone always asks me for the recipe so here it is.
- 1 3⁄4 loaves white bread
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup beef broth (I dissolve a boullion cube in one cup water)
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 9X13 inches baking pan.
- Tear up bread into small pieces.
- Mix bread, onions, celery, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and mix lightly until moistened.
- Add 3/4 cup of beef broth slowly while mixing. (Don't over mix. You just want everything to stick together.
- Spread mixture in baking pan.
- Pour 1/4 cup of beef broth on top of filling.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Take foil cover off and bake for 15 minutes.