1/1 Photo of Just Right Rice/Oat Milk
Rice milk seems too thin. Oat milk seems too thick. So I tried a combination of both together. I like the consistency of this mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add rice and oats to 2 cups water. Bring to boiling, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Add other ingredients while combination is still warm, so honey dissolves easily,.
- 3Blend together in a blender. Start at low speed, increasing speed to high gradually, until well blended.
- 4Add 2 cups of water (Can use ice cubes for part of this to cool milk more quickly), blending thoroughly.
- 5Have the remaining 2 cups of water (include part as ice cubes here too, if desired) waiting in a container.
- 6Strain the rice/oat mixture through a fine sieve. (I think the strained solids are a tasty small serving of cooked cereal).
- 7Add rice/oat milk to the water in container and shake well. This may be too thick for your liking. Just add more water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- 9(cooking time doesn't include time to cook rice before adding to recipe).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Right Rice/Oat Milk
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g