Recipe by strangelittlebeast
Too may pumpkin cupcake recipes result in a heavy cupcake closer in texture to a muffin;others are lighter but way too sweet.To me,this makes a nice middle of the ground cupcake:light and airy,and not very sweet-the perfect foil for rich buttercream frosting.
- 473.18 ml cake flour
- 29.58 ml cake flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml butter, melted, and cooled
- 425.24 g pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 9.85 ml bourbon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs slightly .Add pumpkin puree.Mix well.Add in melted butter and vanilla.
- Add in the dry ingredients,about 1/2 cup at the time,mixing well after each addition but not overbeating the batter.
- Line a cupcake tin with paper cupcake cups.Divide the batter evenly into the cups,about 3/4 full.I find this makes exactly 15 cupcakes in my pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 2 minutes.Remove to a wire rack until comletely cool.
- Decorate with your favorite icing.Cinnamon buttercream is amazing!