Recipe by Scott in Indiana
After experimenting with cook book recipes I created this hybrid recipe. It's not too think and not too thin, not too weak and not too spicy-Just right.
- 15 ounces mild chili beans
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can rotel, diced tomato with chilies
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray deep skillet or wok with veg oil.
- Add oil and heat over medium heat.
- Cook onions and green peppers approximately 3 minutes.
- Add meat and brown.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.