Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a bread maker recipe I doubled the original and make 2 loaves. Kids love it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (lukewarm)
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons oil
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Add yeast to warm milk and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add Salt Sugar and butter.
- Sift in Flour.
- Knead well and place somewhere warm for first rise with wet towel over top of the bowl (should double in size).
- Knead and separate into two separate pieces.
- Form into shape appropriate loaf pan.
- Spray loaf pan and with your fist punch into loaf pan.
- Set aside for second rise.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.