Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Although this is just plain vanilla ice cream, it will put any ice cream lover over the edge. It is an American style, meaning no eggs, which also means no cooking and a shorter prep time. But don't let the simplicity fool you. The secret to the exceptional vanilla flavor is the Pure Vanilla Bean Powder. Extract does not even come close, that is why I don't bother with mentioning it as a substitution. This is pure vanilla bean that has bean ground into a powder. It can be hard to find so here is the link for the Madecasse, the brand I use: www.madecasse.com
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder, pure (see recipe description for more info)
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together using a wire whisk.
- Chill in the refrigerator until the mixture is chilled below 40 degrees F.
- Follow your ice cream makers directions for freezing.
- After freezing using the ice cream maker, it can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 10 days. (Don't worry, it won't last that long).