1 hr 15 mins
This is SO good. Easily the best cheescake I've ever tasted. I was given this recipe by a friend's sis-in-law and it has quickly become my family's favorite! Guaranteed raves from all who try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2For the crust, combine the graham crackers, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the melted butter in a food processor. Process until very fine and evenly moistened.
- 3Press crust mixture evenly into a springform pan. Put pan into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm. While this is firming work on the filling.
- 4For the filling, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, the egg, and 2 tablespoons of the vanilla into the food processor and cream together until very smooth.
- 5Pour the filling mixture into the crust and bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- 6When done baking, remove cheesecake from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- 7Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- 8While the cheesecake is cooling, make the topping. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 9Spread topping over the cooled filling.
- 10Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 11Let cool and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Plain Luscious Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 715.4
- Calories from Fat 469
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 446.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g