Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is SO good. Easily the best cheescake I've ever tasted. I was given this recipe by a friend's sis-in-law and it has quickly become my family's favorite! Guaranteed raves from all who try it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For the crust, combine the graham crackers, 1/2 cup of the sugar and the melted butter in a food processor. Process until very fine and evenly moistened.
- Press crust mixture evenly into a springform pan. Put pan into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm. While this is firming work on the filling.
- For the filling, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, the egg, and 2 tablespoons of the vanilla into the food processor and cream together until very smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture into the crust and bake in a 375 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
- When done baking, remove cheesecake from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- While the cheesecake is cooling, make the topping. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream with the remaining 2 tablespoons of vanilla and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Spread topping over the cooled filling.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and ENJOY!
Okay, I've been using this recipe since I found it about 5 years ago. Seriously, its better than the cheesecake factory. It's just incredibly rich and creamy and bomb.com. Trust me, I'm Mexican and we like GOOD FOOD. This is the only recommendation and rating I've ever given on this site, although I use it often. I want you to know just how worthy this recipe is.
Tips: I add more sugar and vanilla to the sourcream layer. I add more sugar to the crust. I add more vanilla and a teeny bit more sugar to the cream cheese layer. Enjoy every bit of this precious cheesecake!
It turned out perfectly! I was so so so pleased! I made it for our literature group and other people in the room actually came up and asked for a slice. The only complaint I received about it was that the cheesecake devourer commented that this cheesecake might kill them because it is so good! :) We topped each slice with the selected syrup of our choice (Strawberry, Caramel, or Chocolate) and it was PERFECT! My new favorite cheesecake recipe that I will use for every occasion!
My 16 year old son made this for us and it was wonderful. He used chocolate graham crackers for the crust. It was smooth and creamy and had a great flavor. Thanks for the easy and delicious dessert!