Recipe by Megohm
These seem like humble little cookies, but they taste SO delicious, and are nice and chewy. Simple, quick, and definitely give that home-y, comforting feel. Cranberries would be good here instead of raisins too. My family loves these.
Top Review by Mommy Greenest
These were ok. I found them to be really dry and crumbly. I don't think the recipe calls for enough butter. Perhaps a full cup would be better (as some of the other recipes suggest). I also cut the sugar in half and only used cane sugar and they were sweet enough. Thanks for the share Sugar!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, if butter is unsalted. Omit, otherwise
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats (don't use instant! they make the cookies gummy)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugars til creamy and light, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix into creamed butter and sugar.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, salt, if using, and stir to combine, mixing well.
- Stir in rolled oats til combined, then fold in raisins.
- Drop on baking sheet by tablespoonfuls, and flatten just a smidge.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or til edges are very lightly browned and centers are still somewhat soft.