Recipe by The Finicky Chef
After weeks of experimenting with a many combinations of tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic... I think this is the perfect concoction. The "fire-roasting" gives it something extra.
- 3 small tomatoes or 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 -3 medium serrano peppers
- 2 -3 medium garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter tomatoes, peel and quarter onion; cut stem of serrano peppers; peel and crack garlic cloves. *Remove seeds from peppers if you don't like it hot!
- "Fire-roast" tomatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic in a hot cast iron skillet until onions are blackened.
- Place blackened tomatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic in blender or food processor; process until desired consistancy, but don't let it get to liquidy.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla or pita chips!