Sweet peaches, crunchy nuts, and tangy vinaigrette. After being on a strawberry spinach salad kick lately, I thought it would be fun to vary the ingredients a little and this is what resulted. Hope you like it as much as I did. :)
- 4 -6 cups spinach, washed, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 peaches (sliced or cut into smaller chunks)
- 1 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- Make the vinaigrette: Using a whisk, combine mustard, vinegar, olive oil, garlic and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Either in a large serving bowl or in 4 individual serving bowls, arrange spinach, onion, peaches and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette just before serving and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.