Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These take time because of the long marinating time, but are well worth it. They are to die for if you love ribs! I didn't include the marinating or cook time in the preparation time and only included the actual time boiling & grilling in the cook time, but because of the long marinating time, you'll need to do start these the day before you want to prepare them.
- Cut ribs into serving size pieces and place in a Dutch oven, cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until tender 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Drain and place meat in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Combine peaches, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Pour over meat, let marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain well, reserving marinade.
- Grill ribs over hot coals 30- 60 minutes depending on thickness, basting frequently with marinade.
- Great on grill, but you can bake at 425 degrees for the same time.
These ribs are very tender, owing to the parboiling. Be very sure to only bring the water to a gentle boil so the meat doesn't toughen. The marinade is unusual, and I think it will work on chicken just as well as pork. I make my daughter's baby food, so I didn't have any jars on hand. I just added a whole sliced and peeled peach to the blender and whizzed it up with the rest of the ingredients. Next time I will sub Worsteshire sauce for the soy sauce, as I think it will go better with the rest of the ingredients.