Recipe by Nif
Another yummy recipe from Gooseberry Patch. These are great to take to a picnic or somewhere where you can use your hands and not worry about making a mess! Enjoy!
Top Review by sassykat1213
These didn't last long! I made pineapple and pumpkin hand pies, and my family loved them. I easily substituted canned crushed pineapple (draining first) or pumpkin for the peaches in the recipe, and they turned out perfectly!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 lbs fresh peaches, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup sugar; add to skillet. Stir in peaches, cinnamon and salt. Cook until mixture thickens and boils, about 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Boil for one minute; remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Cool completely; set aside.
- Cut crusts into quarters; spoon 2 tablespoons filling into the center of each quarter, leaving 3/4-inch dough uncovered on each side. Fold dough over filling; press edges together to seal.
- Transfer pies to 2 ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops of pies with egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cut a one-inch slit in the top of each pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes until golden, rotating baking sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Remove to wire racks to cool.