Recipe by BamaBelle30
My grandparents' peach trees are going crazy, so I've been searching for peach recipes and I came across this one in a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. I can't wait to try this!!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 lbs peaches, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts (4 crusts if homemade)
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup sugar; add to skillet.
- Stir in peaches, cinnamon and salt. Cook until mixture thickens and boils, about 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Boil for one minute; remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Cool completely; set aside.
- Cut crusts into quarters; spoon 2 tablespoons filling into the center of each quarter, leaving 3/4-inch dough uncovered on each side.
- Fold dough over filling; press edges together to seal. Transfer pies to 2 ungreased baking sheets. Brush tops of pies with egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cut a one-inch slit in the top of each pie.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes until golden, rotating baking sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Remove to wire racks to cool.