Recipe by Whisper
This recipe is adapted from Lean and Luscious and Meatless. You can make these delicious French toast sandwiches with any flavor jam, but peach is my favorite!
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Wonderful! I used my own french toast mixture, which has more eggs than milk & mixed in a little cinnamon & a Splenda pkt with it. Used sugar free preserves as well. Great way to spruce up french toast!
- 1 egg white
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4 slice thin-sliced whole wheat bread
- 19.71 ml peach jam (or any flavor)
- 9.85 ml reduced-calorie margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine egg white, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix well with a fork or wire whisk.
- Pour into a shallow pan.
- Make 2 sandwiches from the bread and jam, putting 2 tsp of jam inside each sandwich.
- Dip sandwiches in milk mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tsp of the margarine in a preheated nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and brown lightly.
- Turn, add remaining margarine, and brown the other sides.
- Serve hot.