Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe is adapted from Lean and Luscious and Meatless. You can make these delicious French toast sandwiches with any flavor jam, but peach is my favorite!
- 1 egg white
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 4 slice thin-sliced whole wheat bread
- 19.71 ml peach jam (or any flavor)
- 9.85 ml reduced-calorie margarine
- In a small bowl, combine egg white, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix well with a fork or wire whisk.
- Pour into a shallow pan.
- Make 2 sandwiches from the bread and jam, putting 2 tsp of jam inside each sandwich.
- Dip sandwiches in milk mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tsp of the margarine in a preheated nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and brown lightly.
- Turn, add remaining margarine, and brown the other sides.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful! I used my own french toast mixture, which has more eggs than milk & mixed in a little cinnamon & a Splenda pkt with it. Used sugar free preserves as well. Great way to spruce up french toast!
I did use Egg Beaters instead of an egg white, but otherwise followed this delicious recipe. Loved the warm jam in the middle and liked that I didn't need to use syrup.
This was a nice switch from my usual WW French toast. I used a fabulous plum jam a friend canned and sent me in place of the peach jam. Also used reduced calorie bread. The toast was a little crispy and toasty with a lush ooze of warmed jam coming from the center. Quick, healthy and delicious.