Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is adapted from Lean and Luscious and Meatless. You can make these delicious French toast sandwiches with any flavor jam, but peach is my favorite!
- In a small bowl, combine egg white, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix well with a fork or wire whisk.
- Pour into a shallow pan.
- Make 2 sandwiches from the bread and jam, putting 2 tsp of jam inside each sandwich.
- Dip sandwiches in milk mixture, coating both sides.
- Melt 1 tsp of the margarine in a preheated nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Place sandwiches in skillet and brown lightly.
- Turn, add remaining margarine, and brown the other sides.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful! I used my own french toast mixture, which has more eggs than milk & mixed in a little cinnamon & a Splenda pkt with it. Used sugar free preserves as well. Great way to spruce up french toast!
I did use Egg Beaters instead of an egg white, but otherwise followed this delicious recipe. Loved the warm jam in the middle and liked that I didn't need to use syrup.
This was a nice switch from my usual WW French toast. I used a fabulous plum jam a friend canned and sent me in place of the peach jam. Also used reduced calorie bread. The toast was a little crispy and toasty with a lush ooze of warmed jam coming from the center. Quick, healthy and delicious.