Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Vegetarian Recipes. I bet this could be done in the crock pot, using dried beans (even cheaper!)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced peaches
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped mixed fruit
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Saute onion and garlic in margarine until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, allspice and crushed red pepper; cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Mix all ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.