Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wow! This was so light, so tangy, so easy to make, I can't help but want to make this anytime I need some dessert. My sister used an old recipe from my grandma and took a few liberties with it, I'm so glad she did! I normally don't like orange essence in desserts, but I'll make and exception for this tasty treat.
- Prepare spice cake mix with water, oil and eggs, adding in zucchini and orange zest (Make sure to follow the directions on the back of your spice cake mix package).
- Bake cake according to package directions in your favorite pan style.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While cake is cooling, whip together room temperature cream cheese, orange zest, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread thin layer evenly over top of cooled cake. Cover and store in fridge until eaten.
- **I enjoy this without any icing at all, but think it would also be good with some whipped cream on top also.