Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oatmeal
- 236.59 ml walnuts
- 473.18 ml candied fruit or 473.18 ml raisins or 473.18 ml currants or 473.18 ml chocolate chips or 473.18 ml butterscotch chips or 473.18 ml vanilla chips or 473.18 ml raspberry chips (whatever you wish.)
- Cream shortening, butter and sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add oatmeal, nuts and whatever you like use teaspoon to drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°.
- Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven while still soft.
These are moist, chewey, and delightful. I left out the nuts and used a cup of white chips and a cup of mixed dried fruit pieces. Thanks for the great recipe!