Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
The best part of the cinnamon bun. I found this on a budget website (I think Grocery Budget 101) and my kids loved it. I have reduced the amount of butter called for in the original recipe as I found it was too much. (Original called for 1 stick of butter which equals 8Tbsp. I have reduced to 5-6 Tbsp and I use less sugar as indicated below, but try what you like!
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup cinnamon sugar (1 1/2 tsp cinnamon added to sugar)
- 5 -6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine Bisquick and milk to form a soft, wet dough, divide batter in half.
- Spread half of the dough in a greased 9x9 pan.
- Pour about 2/3 of the melted butter over the dough and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, reserving about 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar for the topping.
- Drop the remaining dough on top by spoonfuls, spreading a bit if you can.
- Drizzle remaining butter over it and sprinkle with the reserved cinnamon/sugar topping.
- Bake at 400F for 13-18 minutes.