These are very good and taste very much like the original from the famous Tony Packos that we all heard about on the TV show Mash all the time.
- 1 head cabbage
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 lb sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) cancut up tomatoes, undrained
- Cook cabbage leaves until about half cooked.
- While cabbage is cooking in a large bowl combine eggs, 1/2 cup onion, garlic, 1 t salt, 1 t paprika and 1/2 t pepper.
- Mix meat and rice.
- Mix meat mixture with with egg mixture.
- Fill cabbage leaves and fold edges.
- Place in crock pot with seams down.
- Chop remaining cabbage.
- Combine chopped cabbage, sauerkraut, tomatoes in juice, tomato soup, sugar and remaining onion, salt, paprika, and pepper.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how fast your crock pot cooks.