Mommy of Sunny Brook Farm's Note:
The green rice at Stephenson's Apple Orchard Restaurant is just incredible. I know that there are several green rice recipes on here- but If you are from the K.C. metro area and are looking for a "green rice" recipe -this is probably what you are looking for. The unique greeny- lemony flavor mixed with the slightly creamy texture is deliciously unique- your taste buds will thank you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 411.06 g evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1.23 ml Accent seasoning (this is MSG- you can skip)
- 1 lemon, juice of, and grated
- 1Combine the rice, parsley, cheese, green pepper and garlic in a greased casserole dish.
- 2Blend together the remaining ingredients and add to the rice mixture.
- 3Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until it is like a custard.
- 4It can be garnished with paprika before baking if you wish.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Like Stephenson's Green Rice
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.0
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 66.8 mg
- Sodium 882.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: