Recipe by Mommy of Sunny Brook Farm
The green rice at Stephenson's Apple Orchard Restaurant is just incredible. I know that there are several green rice recipes on here- but If you are from the K.C. metro area and are looking for a "green rice" recipe -this is probably what you are looking for. The unique greeny- lemony flavor mixed with the slightly creamy texture is deliciously unique- your taste buds will thank you!
Top Review by captjack1946
This is not the real recipe. The original recipe included season salt and Accent. Lawry's was used at the restaurant. Where this recipe uses table salt one tablespoon of Lawry's was in the original.
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml chopped parsley
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 411.06 g evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml salt
- 1.23 ml Accent seasoning (this is MSG- you can skip)
- 1 lemon, juice of, and grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice, parsley, cheese, green pepper and garlic in a greased casserole dish.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients and add to the rice mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until it is like a custard.
- It can be garnished with paprika before baking if you wish.