Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The green rice at Stephenson's Apple Orchard Restaurant is just incredible. I know that there are several green rice recipes on here- but If you are from the K.C. metro area and are looking for a "green rice" recipe -this is probably what you are looking for. The unique greeny- lemony flavor mixed with the slightly creamy texture is deliciously unique- your taste buds will thank you!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 14 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning (this is MSG- you can skip)
- 1 lemon, juice of, and grated
- Combine the rice, parsley, cheese, green pepper and garlic in a greased casserole dish.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients and add to the rice mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until it is like a custard.
- It can be garnished with paprika before baking if you wish.
This is not the real recipe. The original recipe included season salt and Accent. Lawry's was used at the restaurant. Where this recipe uses table salt one tablespoon of Lawry's was in the original.
Thank you for posting this recipe ! Yes I am from Kansas City, Missouri and have been looking for recipes from Stephenson's Restraunt. We use to go there for all our special occasions and I was so sorry to hear they were no longer in business. I think someone else has their fritters on here too.
Soo good. Thanks for posting. I am from KC and this is what I expect to have when people say they are serving green rice- this is what I am expecting! This one is a keeper.