Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little babies taste just like Pearson's salted nut rolls. I think they are just great. They are a little time consuming,but well worth the final results. I usually make these at Christmas time to go on the goody trays, but every once in awhile I get a hankering for a fresh salted nut roll, and so.....
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 (17 ounce) bag caramels (60)
- 16 ounces salted peanuts
- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips (optional) or 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Knead together the marshmallow creme and powdered sugar. Shape into small fingers or bite size balls. Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheets and freeze. Melt caramels with water over a double boiler (or microwave). Dip creme fingers into caramel mixture,then roll in chopped peanuts. Freeze until set. Store in refrigerator.
- For something a little different, try dipping them into melted chocolate, Really Yummy!
- Serving sizes are just a guess depending on how big or small you decide to make them. Also, I am not really sure on how much time these take. They are a little time consuming, but not hard.
Awesome! Really easy too, had my step son help me with them, everyone thought they were great! The only thing I didn't do was chop the peanuts, also I didn't use chocolate. I think I found a new Christmas tradition, thanks!
Oh I beg to differ. Pearsons' products are in SEVERAL states. Love 'em. :) I tried this recipe and my hubby said, "Don't make them again. I ate too many." I powdered a board with conf. sugar and rolled into a rope, then snipped with scissors. Keep the fingers frozen and the caramel hot!
Excellent. Since you can only buy Pearson's products in Minnesota this is the next best thing to going home.