Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just Like Panera's French Onion Soup
Make and share this Just Like Panera's French Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth, Swanson
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth, Swanson
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 cup crouton
- 1 ounce asiago cheese
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add sliced onions and saute for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often, until onions turn brown.
- Add remaining ingredients for the soup to the pan and stir to combine. Heat soup until it's boiling, then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a 1/4 cup croutons floating on top followed by a 1 oz of shaved or shredded Asiago cheese.
I will be using half the pepper next time, but otherwise totally delicious. So quick and easy to put together too. :) Yum!
This was a very quick and easy soup. It was just a tad bit bland so I added a teaspoon of Johnny's Au Jus to it. Then it tasted great! I used moz instead of the asiago, it's what I had on had. VERY good. And did I mention it was quick!?!?! Had it done in a half hour.