Recipe by YummySmellsca
My mom loves stuffing as much as I abhor it - which is to say, a LOT - so it's no surprise that this loaf (heavily adapted from KAF) is a big hit with her! I made it with raisins, like her Thanksgiving recipe, and used fresh thyme from my garden, too!
- 354.88 ml flour
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml potato flour
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 14.79 ml instant yeast
- 44.37 ml non-fat powdered milk
- 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 2 sprig fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 158.51 ml low sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 158.51 ml 1% low-fat milk, warmed
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml nonfat yogurt, preferably Greek style
- 78.07 ml raisins, soaked in hot water and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, yeast, dry milk, poultry seasoning, thyme, and cinnamon.
- Pour in broth and milk, then add brown sugar and yogurt. Begin mixing to form a dough.
- Knead for 10 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- Knead in raisins, then re-cover and allow to rest 20 minutes.
- Shape into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bake the bread 40 minutes, then turn out immediately and cool on a wire rack.