1/1 Photo of " Just Like Mom's Stuffing" Bread
2 hrs 40 mins
My mom loves stuffing as much as I abhor it - which is to say, a LOT - so it's no surprise that this loaf (heavily adapted from KAF) is a big hit with her! I made it with raisins, like her Thanksgiving recipe, and used fresh thyme from my garden, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 354.88 ml flour
- 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml potato flour
- 59.14 ml cornmeal
- 14.79 ml instant yeast
- 44.37 ml non-fat powdered milk
- 9.85 ml poultry seasoning
- 2 sprig fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 158.51 ml low sodium vegetable broth, warmed
- 158.51 ml 1% low-fat milk, warmed
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml nonfat yogurt, preferably Greek style
- 78.07 ml raisins, soaked in hot water and drained
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cornmeal, yeast, dry milk, poultry seasoning, thyme, and cinnamon.
- 2Pour in broth and milk, then add brown sugar and yogurt. Begin mixing to form a dough.
- 3Knead for 10 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 4Knead in raisins, then re-cover and allow to rest 20 minutes.
- 5Shape into a loaf and place into a greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- 6Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 7Bake the bread 40 minutes, then turn out immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Just Like Mom's Stuffing" Bread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.9
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.8 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth