Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a popular dish in my house because it's rich in flavor and never dry. It goes great with buttered peas and pierogies or Perfect Mashed Potatoes Every Time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Mix everything together except barbecue sauce.
- Put into a loaf pan, spread barbecue sauce evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour or until done.
The name of this makes me laugh -- my mom's meatloaf is AWFUL. Maybe it should be "better than mom's"?
Delicious and moist meat loaf. This mom doesn't have a recipe of her own just makes other chefs recipes. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet.
Great meatloaf recipe! Totally different taste from my "usual". I grabbed up regular oatmeal instead of quick, but let it soak a bit in the liquids and it worked out fine! I always make little individual meatloaves and bake them in a 9x13 pan. They are so cute and tasty! Valeria, thanks for a super new recipe!