1/14 Photos of Just Like Lambert's "throwed" Rolls - Copycat
Dine & Dish's Note:
There is a fantastic restaurant in Springfield, MO where they throw the most delicious rolls at you before, during and after your meal. This is a copy cat recipe of those exact rolls. If you get the chance, visit the restaurant. If not, try these rolls anyway. They are so very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and yeast in tepid water.
- 2Let stand 5-10 minutes until yeast begins to foam.
- 3Thoroughly mix milk, butter, sugar, egg and salt in large bowl.
- 4Stir in the yeast mixture and 3 1/2 cups of flour, adding a bit more if necessary to make a soft, pliable dough.
- 5Turn dough out on floured board and let rest while you clean and butter bowl.
- 6Knead dough gently 4-5 minutes, adding flour if necessary, until dough is smooth and silky.
- 7Return to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (1 1/2 hours appoximately).
- 8Butter a 12 cup muffin tin.
- 9Punch down dough.
- 10Pinch off pieces that are about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, (enough to fill one-half of muffin cup), and roll into smooth spheres.
- 11Place two such pieces in each prepared muffin cup- it will be a tight fit.
- 12Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap for 45 minutes.
- 13Bake rolls in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, or until light brown.
- 14Serve as soon as they are cool enough to throw.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Like Lambert's "throwed" Rolls - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 244.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g