Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I copied these ingredients from the KFC coleslaw container years ago. Yes, they did list Miracle Whip, not mayo! It always goes quick, but I never get any compliments when I bring it as a dish to pass because they all think that I just picked it up from KFC and put it in my own bowl! I use the bags of coleslaw mix from the produce section of my store and chop it in the food processor, but you can use a 1 lb head of cabbage, and a couple of carrots instead if you wish.
- 453.59 g bag Coleslaw (in produce section of store)
- 29.58 ml onions (grated)
- 236.59 ml Miracle Whip
- 29.58 ml tarragon vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml milk or 14.79 ml cream
- Chop coleslaw mix in a food processor until chopped fine.
- Add grated onion to coleslaw mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together Miracle Whip, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Thin dressing mixture with milk or cream.
- Stir dressing into coleslaw.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Absolutely amazing. Coupled with pulled pork made on the Traeger our guests wanted to stay for more. Problem. Finally had to ask them to leave (lol!)
All I have to say is: WOW. This is absolutely fantastic. I've been searching for a great coleslaw recipe forever, and I must say this tops them all in my book. Great consistency and flavor. Yum!! :)
Wonderful coleslaw that is very close to KFC's. I have tried other copycat recipes but the ingredients never listed tarragon vinegar and I think that is what makes a difference in the flavor. Minced the onion finely and used skim milk instead of cream. Let this sit overnight in the refrigerator and it was very good the next day. The only bad thing is that it does not keep well for more than a couple days. Thank you Bethany Taylor for another wonderful recipe. Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Spring 2009.