Recipe by Giovanna Luvs Disney
I used to work at Jack Astor's and this dip was one of their best selling appetizers. This is great for parties and simple to make, and people won't think it wasn't simple! I'm making it for my Christmas party tomorrow, so I will try to have a picture of it.
Top Review by sully14075
This was some what of a disappointment to me. My guests and I were trying to figure out what it reminded us of....and finally someone said "TUNAMELTS"! Only half the dish was eaten (and it was the only thing I put out), so I told my husband he could make sandwiches out of it for lunch the next day. Different, but not what I was shooting for.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 white mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat (I used Victoria brand)
- cheddar cheese (for topping)
- nacho chips (for serving) or toasted pita bread, cut into triangles (for serving)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, saute onion and garlic.
- Next saute bell pepper, then mushrooms.
- Let cool.
- In a bowl soften cream cheese with a spoon.
- Add cooled vegetables, crab meat, and cheese.
- Store in container in fridge until ready to serve.
- SERVING INSTRUCTIONS: Place dip in a oven proof shallow bowl.
- Spread dip evenly in bowl and top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Warm slightly in microwave.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees, until slightly bubbling and the top is starting to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and parlsey sprig.
- Place bowl on a serving plate and surround with nacho chips and pita points.