Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you love onion rings without all the fat...then these are a must-try. (note: this recipe is for 2 servings, you can double or triple the amount easily)
- 6 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick,separated into rings
- 1 egg white, slighty beaten
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Combine crumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Dip onion ring into egg white, and then into crumbs.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Good baked onion rings. If you are cutting back on fat, these are excellent alternative to fried rings. The taste & texture are good, and although fried are better, these will be made again at our house. Thanks!
Always have a hard time deciding how to rate low-fat recipes. If you are looking for something you might buy at a local fast food establishment, keep looking. If you are looking for a far healthier option that also tastes good, then look no further. Didn't add the cheese to my breadcrumbs -- instead used a 1/2 teaspoon of a cajun spice blend. Cooked mine about 12 minutes which gave me a crispier crust and a slightly more tender onion. These are going to be a regular side here. Thanks Kittencal.