Recipe by Sue Lau
Perfect for special occasions, but simple enough to make every night. Has a lovely citrus basil vinaigrette that goes well with this salad as well as others. Taste's just like the salad they serve at Dewey's Pizza in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Top Review by sweetcakes
Love this Salad! The only thing I changed was instead of grapes I put dried Cranberries and will try the grapes next time for sure! I also added Grilled Chicken to make a meal of it. Thanks for posting!
- 1182.95 ml baby romaine leaves or 1182.95 ml mesclun
- 118.29 ml red seedless grapes, halved
- 99.22 g quality gorgonzola, crumbled
- 118.29 ml candied walnuts or 118.29 ml candied pecans, halves (may purchase or make Candied Walnuts)
- 78.07 ml fresh orange juice
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh basil, minced
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place baby romaine leaves in a salad bowl and top with sliced grapes, candied nuts and crumbled gorgonzola (if making your own candied nuts do this step first so they have a moment to cool).
- Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, basil, dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Serve dressing with salad.