This is close enough to real thing, although I have never tried it but I imagine that the mixture could be frozen until ready to use --- *note* do not double the recipe as it will not thicken properly, make two separate recipes in two bowls, use only *pure* vanilla extract for this :)
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill a small bowl.
- 2Soften gelatin with 2 tsp cold water, then add the boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool until tepid (almost room temperature).
- 3Place ice water and dry milk powder in the chilled bowl.
- 4Beat at high speed, until mixture forms stiff peaks; add sugar and vanilla, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- 5Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- 6Stir just before using, to retain creamy texture.
- 7**NOTE** do not double recipe or the mixture will not thicken. also, 1 tsp PURE vanilla may be added if desired.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Like Cool Whip - Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.4
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 164.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g