Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is close enough to real thing, although I have never tried it but I imagine that the mixture could be frozen until ready to use --- *note* do not double the recipe as it will not thicken properly, make two separate recipes in two bowls, use only *pure* vanilla extract for this :)
- Chill a small bowl.
- Soften gelatin with 2 tsp cold water, then add the boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; cool until tepid (almost room temperature).
- Place ice water and dry milk powder in the chilled bowl.
- Beat at high speed, until mixture forms stiff peaks; add sugar and vanilla, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- Place in freezer for about 15 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Stir just before using, to retain creamy texture.
- **NOTE** do not double recipe or the mixture will not thicken. also, 1 tsp PURE vanilla may be added if desired.