Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very sweet, very delicious, very very easy. I found the original recipe on a cake box awhile back and have changed it depending on what I have on hand and what I am in the mood for :)
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake or 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- shredded coconut (sweetened or natural)
- milk chocolate chips (I like the way mini chips perform) or semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like the way mini chips perform)
- slivered or chopped almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 13x9 inch baking pan with sides.
- Empty mix into mixing bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives as if making pie dough. Cut in until crumbly.
- Press mix into bottom of 13x9 baking pan with sides.
- Scatter chocolate chips over mixture and press down lightly. Repeat this step with coconut and almonds and one more layer of chocolate chips on the top. No need to press down.
- Pour condensed milk over whole thing.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until edges are browned.
- Allow to cool and cut into small bars.
- Can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for several days.
- **Note: This recipe is for Almond Joy/Mounds flavor. You can make it like your favorite candy bar by substituting peanuts, caramel sauce (which needs to go first in layering, on top of the "crust"), pecans, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, etc.