Very sweet, very delicious, very very easy. I found the original recipe on a cake box awhile back and have changed it depending on what I have on hand and what I am in the mood for :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake or 1 (20 ounce) box brownie mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- shredded coconut (sweetened or natural)
- milk chocolate chips (I like the way mini chips perform) or semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like the way mini chips perform)
- slivered or chopped almonds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 13x9 inch baking pan with sides.
- 2Empty mix into mixing bowl. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives as if making pie dough. Cut in until crumbly.
- 3Press mix into bottom of 13x9 baking pan with sides.
- 4Scatter chocolate chips over mixture and press down lightly. Repeat this step with coconut and almonds and one more layer of chocolate chips on the top. No need to press down.
- 5Pour condensed milk over whole thing.
- 6Bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until edges are browned.
- 7Allow to cool and cut into small bars.
- 8Can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for several days.
- 9**Note: This recipe is for Almond Joy/Mounds flavor. You can make it like your favorite candy bar by substituting peanuts, caramel sauce (which needs to go first in layering, on top of the "crust"), pecans, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, etc.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Just Like Candy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 28.2 mg
- Sodium 115.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g