Recipe by Chef Bronco
Small boiled potatoes cut and piped with a sour cream, chive, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese topping This is just something different for an appetizer.
- 12 small boiled potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup soft and whipped cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 4 slices bacon, slices fried, drained and crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 12 small potatoes until tender. Do not peel. Cool slightly, enough to be able to handle them. Cut around using a VVVV cut, completely around the potato. Sit aside.
- Mix sour cream and cream cheese until mixed well and creamy. Add cheddar cheese, chives, and crumbled bacon. Stir together.
- You can use a cake decorating bag with a medium star tip or put into a plastic bag. Push topping to a corner. If using the bag, snip the corner at a slight angle. Pipe the topping on the potato halves. Chill. Top with a dash of paprika or chives for decoration.
- You can also slice the potatoes into 1/3 inch slices and top with topping. This will give you more appetizers doing it this way. You may have to double the topping recipe part though to have enough for them.
- You can also slice the potatoes and fry them in some olive oil until both sides are crisp. Chill. Top with topping.