Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is for a real beginner in the kitchen. So easy. And so tasty!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti (use as much as you want)
- shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Fill a large saucepan half full with water. Add a generous dash of salt. Bring to a boil. While waiting for the water to boil, put the ground beef into a frying pan. Cook the meat on medium-high heat until it is cooked thoroughly. You shouldn't see any pink left in the meat. Break up the meat as it cooks. When it is completely cooked, drain off any fat or liquid.
- Put the meat back on the stove and add the jar of sauce. Cook until it bubbles. Cover it and turn down the heat to low while you cook the pasta. Stir occasionally.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water; water must be at a full boil. Do not overcrowd the pan; one cup dry pasta to 4 cups of boiling water is the right proportion. Cook over medium heat according to package directions. When spaghetti is al dente, drain and serve, topped with spaghetti sauce and sprinkled with cheese.