Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
My girlfriend complained to me that there was no dipping sauce for eggrolls or shrimp that she likes....I came up with this one just for her.
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- cornstarch (optional)
- Mix all but cornstarch in saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat while stirring. Lower heat and simmer 2-3 minutes, still stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour into heat-proof bowl to cool.
- If you like your sauce to be thicker, make a small amount of slurry using cornstarch. Add to sauce before pouring into bowl. Stir until fully incorporated.