Prep 8 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a simple recipe to have as a refreshing side dish. It's especially good for picnics, bar-b-ques, potlucks and buffets. If you like your slices on the tart side cut back on the sugar a little bit. Please note it will need to be chilled at least 3 hours.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced into thick slices
- 1⁄2 sliced onion (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl toss together the cucumbers, onion, if using, and dill.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Pour over cucumbers.
- Stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Yummy!! Easy, with a classic taste. Thanks for the great recipe - it's a keeper!
This is one of my favorite ways to eat cucumbers and a major plus is that it's so fast and easy to make. Loved it!
These really were surprisingly delicious for such a simple recipe. After making one batch, and tasting them, I made two more. Splenda worked out fabulously as a sugar replacement.