Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Greek inspired salad, but a little different as it isn't your usual mix of cukes, olives and tomatoes. I started with a recipe from Steven Raichlen's "The Barbeque Bible", then took it my own way.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered (small, very fresh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh preferred)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Combine the romaine, green onion, and dill.
- Just before service, add the olives, feta and tomatoes.
- Combine the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Toss the salad, olive mix, and dressing.
- Taste for seasoning, add salt and/or pepper as needed.