Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quickie breakfast for one.
- Butter both sides of the bread and cut a square hole in the middle of the bread.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Put bread into the pan to melt butter.
- Drop a small amount of butter into hole of bread and let it melt.
- Then drop an egg into the middle and break the yolk.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until the egg is done.
- Sprinkle with paprika/Tabasco.
My kids loved these but didn't use the Tabasco Sauce. We used to call these Egg in a Hole and can be made for more than one. Doesn't take anytime at all and your toast is done at the same time.
Just an egghead.
Good basic egg recipe. I followed the recipe as written. It was easy to make and the kids enjoyed it.