Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quite simple and just right for a light style pasta dish. By the time the water is boiling for the pasta, this is already simmering. Like I said, simple!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups canned tomatoes, diced (including juice)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 2 bay leaves, large
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cooking until onion is soft.
- Stir in rest of ingredients .
- Lower heat to simmer for about 20 minutes of cooking. Stir occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves before using.