Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty change from the mayo-laden tuna salads of yore. I threw this together one day, just using what happened to be in my cupboards. Now it's a staple in my home - served at least ever couple of weeks.
- 4 cups multi-coloured pasta
- 1 can flaked tuna, in water
- 1⁄2 cup kraft classic herb salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons armoat seasoning (or any other seasoning you like - Mrs. Dash, etc)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, on top (optional)
- Drain tuna, adding the tuna water to a large pot.
- Add water to pot and boil pasta in this- it gives the pasta a nice tuna flavor.
- Rinse pasta under COLD water.
- Toss pasta with tuna and Kraft Classic Herb salad dressing.
- Sprinkle seasoning on.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Top with Parmasean if used.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- You may need to add a bit more dressing just before serving, if the salad has gotten dry.
- Just a note - You must use the proper salad dressing for this - Kraft Classic Herb is the ONLY dressing we've found that tastes right on this. Italien is close, but not quite right.
I could not find the Kraft salad dressing anywhere. I ended up using a balsalmic viniagrette, which was okay. I'm sure this tastes great with the right dressing, but I just couldn't find it.