Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's an easy cookie recipe that makes a nice small batch - just 12 cookies so you don't have too many sitting around your house for days. Increase the sugar to half a cup if you are using plain/regular instant oats.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 (0.32 lb) envelopes instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal (but any flavor should work) or 3 (0.32 lb) envelopes instant apple and cinnamon oatmeal (but any flavor should work)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients together.
- Using your hands, roll dough into 12 balls, flatten each one slightly and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before placing cookies on a wire rack to cool.
added vanilla like suggested. .very easy, very quick, fun to make with kids! thank you!
These were pretty good! Cook time was too long for me - I would cut at least a minute off of the time for my oven. Mine ended up super crispy! I added a little vanilla and cinnamon for some kick and the flavor was great! Thanks! :)
I just made these, and like some other reviews, I was worried as I mixed it up - but get your hands in there and soon it will all come together. I pushed in a few butterscotch chips into each cookie to make them more like the oatmeal cookies that I grew up on. I LOVE these cookies. Great recipe! Awesome for people who might not Always have eggs in the fridge but still like to have a fresh baked cookie. I might never make "real" oatmeal cookies again! Thank you so much!!