Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT7 - A fruity and refreshing beverage based on standard fruit drink in Chad. The best part - you have a variety of fruits you can use. Common to Chad would be orange, pineapple, guava, or mango.
- 1 1⁄2 cups papayas (can also use fruits listed in recipe description too)
- 2 cups whole milk (I used 1% milk)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 pieces ice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Crush the ice in a blender.
- Peel and cut up fruit and put into the blender; blend lightly.
- Add the milk, sugar and cardamom and blend well.
- Serve immediately if possible, otherwise chill in the freezer for one hour, then refrigerate. When ready to enjoy, shake again or re-mix in blender, then serve.
Quick, cold and sweet - what's not to like?