Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was looking for a different type of casserole and I found cookin4my3boys' "Hot Chicken Casserole" and Drastico's "Drastic Chicken" and decided to use some of the ingredients from both and this is what I got.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (I used one of each)
- 10 ounces of grated cheese, of your choice (I used extra sharp cheddar)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansyour favorite canned vegetables or 2 cups frozen vegetables
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut in cubes (You can use raw or leftover chicken)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups of crushed durkee fried onions or 2 cups potato chips or 2 cups chow mein noodles or 2 cups crackers (I used Onions)
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Brown the onions with the garlic, using the olive oil.
- Add the diced chicken to the onions if you are using raw chicken.
- Mix the chicken and onions in the bowl.
- Put mixture into a baking dish.
- Top with a thick layer of the fried onions, chips, or crackers.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Such a simple recipe with very tasty results! The kids really enjoyed it, and it's a dish I will most certainly be making again soon. Thanks for sharing it!