Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love dump cakes because they are so easy to make and definately kid-kitchen friendly. My 4 yr old helps me bake all the time and this is one that she can make by herself with a little help from Mom. She loves it because she can put her hands in it to spread the ingredients and she picks what fruit we use, what to add ect... Plus it's a great way to sneak in something healthy like fresh organic fruits!
- yellow cake mix
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Dump berries into a 9 x 11" dish.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over berries.
- Squeeze juice of lemon over berries.
- Add the zest of the lemon in there too.
- Dump the cake mix over the berries, and spread evenly.
- Pour butter over the cake mix and sprinkle almonds over the top.
- Bake for about an hour or until bubbly.