Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I tried something a little different with the hotdogs we were making. I made a few different combinations and this is one of our popular winners in taste. It's the HOT DOG with a difference. Drop the pineapple if you don't like the sweet addition to your dog.... Ideal for that something a bit different at the family BBQ... This will be the one that will definitely make everyone talk !!
- 6 large hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- 1 cup of grated tasty cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, diced bacon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- yellow mustard
- Slowly cook hotdogs in water for 10-12 minutes.
- Assembling dogs place franks in each roll.
- First add the mustard (not last).
- Just mix all chopped ingredients together then add them on top of the frank.
- Finish by sprinkling with the grated cheese.
- Toast under the griller until the cheese just melts, don't burn the buns.
- Serve them hot -- .
Was looking for something a little different to add to the hotdogs, the idea of pineapple sounded a little strange but I was intrigued . Have to admit this was a wonderful mix of flavours . Salty from the bacon, sweet from the pineapple with a little kick of sour when you get to a bite of pickle. I will definitely be making this again, my whole family enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
The flavor combination of this one intrigued me and I had to try it. It was awesome. I grilled some brats and then added the toppings. Yummm! Thanks.
This 4th I set up a hot dog bar. My husband wanted to try this one because it had pineapple on it. He said it was pretty good. Thanks Part Time Cook. Bullwinkle