This wrap makes a scrumptious lunch or dinner that comes together in just a minute! Adapted from Wraps cookbook, loaned by a friend, and put here for safekeeping.
- 946.36 ml water
- sea salt
- 236.59 ml broccoli, chopped
- 177.44 ml chopped tomato, seeds discarded
- 44.37 ml picante sauce
- 44.37 ml fresh basil, chopped
- 44.37 ml red onions, chopped
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml fresh lime juice
- 2.46 ml garlic, minced
- 236.59 ml cooked brown rice, warm
- 59.14-78.07 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (10-inch-11-inch)
- Mix the water and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook until it turns bright green and is tender but still crisp, about 1 minute. Drain the water and rinse the broccoli under cold water. Let drain completely and set aside.
- Combine the tomato, picante sauce, basil, onion, vinegar, lime juice, garlic and 1/8 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Add the broccoli, rice and cheese and stir to combine. Divide among the tortillas and wrap.
- Enjoy right away!
- How to wrap:.
- If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.